Where would you like to go?

Monday 25 July 2011

Mid-winter Christmas Cake!

Here is a cake I put together last month for my Mum's mid-winter Christmas lunch at work.  She requested a 'simple' cake, but I think she forgot it was ME she was asking, hehehe.  No, I really just wanted to play around with some design ideas I had and practise some techniques.  Now, this cake was such fun to make!  Ever since I was a little girl I had dreamed of being in a place where snow would fall from the sky during Christmas! And I would wear beanies with them fluffy pompoms on top!  Ah, love!  The closest I could get to making this dream a reality is by incorporating snow somewhere on (in this case, all over) the cake.  I think I will call this cake 'love, snow and candy canes' - ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment