Where would you like to go?

Monday 8 August 2011

DJ Kiwa in the house!

Good morning guys!  Hope you had a fantastic weekend!  Today I am excited to share with you a cake I made for (last) Saturday.  This cake was for my friend's son, Kiwa, who turned 8 last Friday.  His Mum originally requested for a rugby themed cake, but Kiwa wanted a DJ turntable cake.  Of course, ya gotta make the birthday boy's wishes come true right?  So, I googled some images of turntables and found a Technics one that looked pretty cool.  I used that image as a guide to help me make this cake.

Kiwa's favourite colours are black, blue, red and yellow, which I wanted to incorporate on the cake to personalise it more for him.  I also wanted to add some sparkle (some bling bling) on the cake to give it a more superstar feel, so added some silver cachous and edible glitter.  What a fun cake to make!  I hope to do another again soon.  Here are some shots I took of the cake - enjoy the pics guys!

Message from Kiwa's parents - "Happy 8th Birthday Kiwa, you awesome kid!"
More pics after the jump...





HAPPY 8TH BIRTHDAY KIWA!!
Hope you guys enjoyed this post!  Come back again tomorrow for more treats!  Have a mad Monday guys!  And don't forget to share this with your family and friends.  :-)

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment