Where would you like to go?

Monday 19 March 2012

Once upon a time...

...there was a little girl named Jerilee who absolutely loved her fairy tales, most especially Snow White.  One day, her dear friend Pauline made a wish to a fairy cake mother to make her friend a special cake.  Then after a sparkly wave of the fairy cake mother's magic wand, there was this beautiful fairy tale book that had all the classic stories Jerilee loved and cherished as a child, and her birthday wish came true and was as magical as Tinkerbell's fairy dust!!

Good morning guys!  Hope you had a lovely weekend!  I certainly had a busy one, but loved that every minute of it was spent with my family :-)

Today I am excited to share with you a vintage fairy tale book cake I made on Saturday for a lady named Jerilee, who turned the big thirty!  I made sure this cake wasn't too young or girly.  I really wanted to represent 'classic' and chose a more neutral colour palette as opposed to the bright pinks and full on sparkles!  I did, however, add a sprinkle of 'fairy dust' on the cake, just to give it that subtle fairy-tale-feel about it whilst keeping it old school (you can't see it on the photos but up close and depending on your lighting, you can see the pretty sparkles).

So, without further ado, here's the cake!  Enjoy!!



I hope you liked today's cake feature!  I can't wait to share with you another cake I worked on (whilst working on this one) for a little girl named Bailey who turned the big ONE!!  Stay tuned!!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment